2020 Land Rover Discovery vs. 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport
340 hp 3.0L supercharged 6-cylinder
246 hp 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder
If you are in the market for a rugged SUV that doesn’t skip out on luxury amenities and top-of-the-line features that are sure to enhance your Clearwater drives, consider the 2020 Land Rover Discovery and the 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport. Learn about the performance specs, interior features, and more as we compare the Land Rover Discovery vs. Land Rover Discovery Sport to see which is the better option for your Wesley Chapel commute.
Discovery or Discovery Sport: Performance
- Base Engine: The Land Rover Discovery runs on a standard 3.0L Si6 gas engine that delivers 340 hp. The Land Rover Discovery Sport comes equipped with a standard 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine that delivers 246 hp.
- Fuel Capacity: The Discovery has a 23.5-gallon fuel tank, and the Discovery Sport has a 17.7-gallon fuel tank.
- Towing: The maximum towing capacity of the Discovery is 8,201 pounds, and the max towing capacity of the Discovery Sport is 4,409 pounds.
- Fuel Efficiency: The Land Rover Discovery gets an EPA-estimates 16 mpg/city and 21 mpg/highway. The Land Rover Discovery Sport gets an EPA-estimates 19 mpg/city and 24 mpg/highway.
Discovery or Discovery Sport: Interior Features
- Seating: Both of these Land Rover SUVs seat five passengers standard, with an optional third-row on each. The Discovery interior features the standard leather seats while the Discovery Sport has the standard with cloth seats.
- Cargo Space: The Discovery model offers 41.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row and 83.7 cubic feet behind the first row of seats. The Discovery Sport offers 27.5 cubic feet behind the second row of seats and 55.6 cubic feet behind the first row.
- Infotainment System: Both SUVs are equipped with premium technology features, including standard Touch Pro™ with a 10-inch HD touchscreen. While Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ are standard in the Discovery, they are an option in the Discovery Sport.
- Safety: Both vehicles offer the standard with Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Brake Assist, and Electronic Stability Control. You can get Blind Spot Monitor and Cross Traffic Alert standard on the Discovery, while you’ll need to upgrade to get these driver-assistance features on the Discovery Sport.
Test Drive Land Rover SUVs in Tampa
Ready to find a new Land Rover Discovery or Discovery Sport for sale in Tampa? Learn more about the Land Rover Discovery Sport interior and how the Land Rover Discovery compares against the Ford Explorer before visiting our dealership for a test drive. We also have your look at the new Land Rover Discovery Sport towing capacity. Have any questions in the meantime? Feel free to reach out to our sales team!